Freitag, 17. Juni 2011

Germany so Far

My goal since I got here has been to make sure I make the most of my time in Germany. I have been so blessed to come visit my family in this amazing place 5 times. There is so much to do and I am determined to fit as much as I can into this trip. I will give a quick list and overview of what we have done in the 2 weeks since we have been here.

Flight Disasters
We arrived in Germany six days later than expected, but the airline extended our trip 7 days. A huge thanks to Brittany Gonsalves for letting us stay with her in Dallas.

Hiking
We jumped right into the hiking with a few small trips in the first week and a big climb up the Kramer on our first weekend. The 10 hour round trip was brutal but completely rewarding. I have never sweat so much or been so tired and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

  From left: Aj, me, Tim, Mia

Rome
The next week Monday 6th-Friday 10th was spent in Rome, which I will do my best to condense into one post later. It was an amazing four days of baby-free sightseeing, eating, drinking, and being merry.

Biking
Some very nice bike rides have been spaced throughout our visit. The only long one so far has been my dad and I going into Austria on a 21-mile round trip beauty. Up hill most of the way there to an amazing waterfall, then a fast and fun trip back down. Tori has taken a few short bike trips in her infant seat, which she loves. Mia is gaining confidence on the bike, so more on that later also.

Family Fun
Among all these adventures, I am so enjoying the time with my family. The day before the Kramer climb we had a dance party! Mia emerged as the Kinet Dance Central Champion, and we all had a great time.
 
From left: Aj, Victoria Sears (Aj's girlfriend), Will, Dad, Mom, Me, Mia, Megan

Aj graduated from high school. I have had some great talks with Megan. Yesterday we all went to Kletterwald and worked together on some obstacle courses.

The past two weeks have been full of amazing adventures and we have just a little shy of two weeks left. I can't wait to see what happens.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen