Sonntag, 24. Juli 2011

I want to climb mountains.

Dunte and I just finished watching the movie '180 Degrees South' it is about the founders of the company Patagonia, and their awesome adventures. I highly recommend it, the scenery alone is beautiful and the message is icing on the cake (or ice on the peak).

Now I am itching to climb mountains, RIGHT NOW! This is a major problem because we live in Lubbock, Texas, which I am convinced is as far away from a mountain as any place in the world. We also are short on disposable income, so long trips are not reasonable. Finally, we have a 14 month old. While Tori can walk she isn't quite ready for climbing anything but stairs.

My thirst for adventure sent me to internet, so I could plan future adventures and read in envy about other people's adventures. This search lead me to a great website: the site has every mountain in Colorado above 14,000 feet. The site seems to have everything you could want to know about each peak: maps, pictures, tips, and personal accounts from climbers.

When our Zugspitze climb fell through my dad suggested we climb Pikes Peak when they move to Colorado next year. This peaked my interest (haha) and then I learned that there are 52 peaks in Colorado over 14,000 feet, aka 14ers. I want to climb them all. I have no deadline, I just want to climb them all.

Pikes Peak-- The first of many 14er ascents?
Finding a job in Colorado after graduation is looking more and more appealing, because I want to climb mountains.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen